Pages

Services:

* Decorating Advice
* Help with Design and Staging of your home
* Repurposing furniture and found objects
* Craft Projects made to order

Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Paper Book Wreath

 This is my own version of a Paper Book Wreath. You might have seen something like this with flowers made out of textbook paper, I put this one together in a more undefined way...It was easier than the flower version, and I think it may look even better! I started with a straw wreath form that I got from Good Will ( but you could also use a foam wreath form). Before I started, I wrapped the whole wreath form with ribbon so the the finished version looked beautiful from the back side, too.  I, then, took old textbook paper and cut it down to about 3/4 of the page. Then I crumpled/folded the paper (kind of in a haphazard way) so that it resembled a flower. Next, I took silver nail head trim pins and pushed them through the middle of my "flower" crumple and proceeded to push it into the wreath base ( I added just a little hot glue to the back of the pin before I applied it to the wreath to make it more secure). The pins give it a little bling that catches your eye and they are also a great contrast to the old worn paper. Finally, a little ribbon to hold it up and it is done!
*Oh...and FYI, I did end up using a couple of the paper rolled flowers as an accent in the top left corner! : )

No comments:

Post a Comment